[IPython-dev] [Fwd: ipython crash report]

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:26:29 CST 2006

On 3/16/06, Hans Meine <hans_meine at gmx.net> wrote:

> Anyways, I have an old ~/.ipython which does not contain that user-config
> file, and SVN IPython complains about that at every start.  This does not
> make for a nice upgrade experience, or what do you think?
>
> IMHO it should either be quiet about the optional file, or verbosely put a
> default one in place which I can then adapt to my needs whenever I want.

There is the new %upgrade magic, I'll add the suggestion to run it in
the error message.

%upgrade needs some fixing (it doesn't work if path.py is not on
pythonpath) but I'll try fix  both of these thing today.

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'