[IPython-dev] pyreadline vi mode (2)

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Fri Mar 31 14:47:24 CST 2006

Michael Graz skrev:
> Here are the latest changes for the vi mode:
>
> http://www.plan10.com/readline/readline-1.13b.zip
>

> All hundred plus unit tests for vi editing mode are now passing.  I like the
> direction being taken in creating a lineobj class.  However I had to back
> out some of the changes in order to get the unit tests working again.  Now
> that all of the tests are in place, the refactoring using lineobj can
> continue.  It would be cool if lineobj itself had a suite of tests.
>

> So my changes are done for now.  BTW I am off now for the next few weeks on
> vacation so if there is anything needed from me I will reply upon my return.
>

> Regards,
>
> -Michael

I have merged and comitted your patch.

So anyone interested in taking the new vi mode for a spin can check out
from:
http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/pyreadline/branches/refactor

installation should be the same as standard pyreadline. Activate vi-mode
by adding set_mode("vi") last in your pyreadlineconfig.ini

/Jörgen