[IPython-dev] Issue in error path in case of invalid command

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:14:19 CST 2006

On 11/8/06, Albert Strasheim <fullung at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm back to playing with IPython1 on Windows again. As per the instructions
> in
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/browser/ipython/branches/chainsaw/README
>
> I started up my controller and my engine. In a script I did:
>
> import ipython1.kernel.api as kernel
> rc = kernel.RemoteController(('localhost', 10201))
> print rc.getIDs()

Quick question (Brian may have more ideas later). 10201 is not the
default port, did you start the controller on that port?

I doubt any of us has access to a windows box with enough development
tools to test this, unfortunately.   Up until now I've been able to do
lightweight testing of ipython trunk under windows because it's pure
python, but now we use things that require compilers and scary things
like that.  My windows VMware instance is basically a tax-preparation
tool that runs one or two programs, and I don't have a real
development setup there.

I hope this is a problem that we can track from within a *nix box...