[IPython-dev] svnversion used for Release.py

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 08:27:07 CST 2006

On 11/26/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've added a new tool, tools/update_revnum.py that modifies Release.py
> (gets the revision number with svnversion command; svn doesn't support
> getting global revision command via $Revision$ like tags).
>
> Now the distribution names of svn versions are handier:
>
> http://vivainio.googlepages.com/ipython-0.7.3.svn.r1937.win32.exe

Great, thanks.  I'd been wanting this for a long time.

> I think we could put out a beta / whatever release soon.

+1.  I'll be with limited online activity this week, and pretty much
offline the next.  We could target a release for the end of the year.
Feel free to put out the betas sooner though, or let me know and I can
upload one to the dist/testing dir anytime (before Saturday when I go
offline).