[IPython-dev] timeit bug

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 03:13:48 CDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 9/15/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:

[... %timeit print 'x' bug ]

The attached patch should be a proper fix.  It's late and I'm tired so
I don't want to commit it yet; Brian is testing it because he also ran
into similar problems and we need this fixed for a demo on Tuesday, so
it's now kind of high priority.  But I don't want to commit a broken
patch.

I'll be testing it tomorrow (Monday) further and will commit if we
find no other problems (and that it really fixes everyhting).
Comments on its behavior will be appreciated.

Note that any %magic that wants to preserve quotes in its inputs can
now use parse_options(posix=False).  %timeit is a good example, but in
the chainsaw branch there are others.  Basically, magics that treat
their input as python source shouldn't modify quotes, while magics
that treat it in traditional sys.argv manner want them stripped.