[IPython-dev] making pdoc, pdef, and pinfo more generally useful (Was Re: Patches to use pydb instead of pdb for debugging)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:15:29 CDT 2006

On 10/13/06, R. Bernstein <rocky at panix.com> wrote:

> By Friday? Gee, that doesn't leave much time, so I'll send what I have
> now. Let's see, a summary of the patches. First there's what I sent

I committed only part of your patch (Magic.py and ipython.el) because:

1) iplib.py had a mistake I think - it doesn't account for pydb not
existing properly:

       have_pydb = False
        if sys.version[:3] >= '2.5':
            try:
                from pydb import pm
                have_pydb = True
            except ImportError:
                pass
        if not have_pydb:
            from pydb import pm   <======
        pm()

didn't you mean to say "from pdb import pm"?

2) Debugger.py patch was invalid for some reason (for eclipse's "apply
patch" tool). Was it done properly against the current svn? Please do
svn up again, resolve conflicts and send a new patch.