[IPython-dev] Win32 - call for pyreadline testing

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Apr 11 12:20:50 CDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Aldarion <erendisaldarion@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have modify some place as follows:
> 1, add 'clear_history',to __all__ dict of
> c:\python25\lib\site-packages\pyreadline\__init__.py before
> 'read_history_file',
> 2, in file c:\python25\lib\site-packages\pyreadline\rlmain.py
> add clear_history = rl.clear_history before read_history_file =
> rl.read_history_file
> add a function of Class Readline before def read_history_file(self,
> filename=None):
>     def clear_history(self):
>         ''''Clear readline's history'''
>         self._history.clear_history()
> 3,in file c:\python25\lib\site-packages\pyreadline\lineeditor\history.py
> add a function of Class LineHistory before def read_history_file(self,
> filename=None):
>     def clear_history(self):
>         ''''Clear readline's history'''
>         self.history = []
>         self.history_cursor = 0
> and the error disappears.

Yup, my mistake.

I just added a slightly modified version of your fixes and uploaded
pyreadline 1.4.1 here:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/

If others can confirms this works fine, we may be finally in the clear.

Many thanks for your help, and again my apologies to users (and
Jorgen!) for making such a mess on win32.

Regards,