[IPython-dev] Status of pyreadline release for win32?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Apr 18 14:52:57 CDT 2007

On 4/18/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just got back from my trip and I'm still behind on email, but I
> > wanted to know if we can cut a release of pyreadline that is fully
> > usable for win32 users.
> >
> > When I left, it seemed the last one I made worked fine in normal
> > usage, but still would throw an exception when run as
> >
> > c:\path\to\ipython foo.py
> >
> > and the exception traceback was remarkably unhelpful.
>
> I have fixed IPython so you don't get that horrible recursive
> traceback when readline is not installed, at least.

Great, I saw that.  thanks.

> I guess your exception wasn't this one:
>
> C:\ipython>python c:\Python25\Scripts\ipython a.py
> <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>            Traceback (most recent call last)
>

> <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: tuple index out of range

Yup.  Do you know what it is/how to fix it?  It's not visible under
*nix, and my win32 setup is currently a doorstop, so I can do precious
little about it.