[IPython-dev] Status of pyreadline release for win32?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Apr 18 15:09:30 CDT 2007

On 4/18/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yup.  Do you know what it is/how to fix it?  It's not visible under
> > *nix, and my win32 setup is currently a doorstop, so I can do precious
> > little about it.
>
> Yeah, already fixed in svn.
>
> I was running python 2.5.1c1, that's why I saw the bug. I got around
> it by a simple version check.

OK, thanks.

If everything else is OK, and since this required a fix to ipython
itself rather than just pyreadline, perhaps we should quickly cut a
0.8.1 release, that would include an official pyreadline as well.

This would make it stable for users on win32, as well as *nix ones
without readline (as occasionally happens on OSX or with hand-built
pythons).

Thoughts?