[IPython-dev] Status of pyreadline release for win32?

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Sat Apr 21 15:45:36 CDT 2007

Fernando Perez skrev:
> On 4/19/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/19/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Having a core developer, on-list, saying that our current release is
>>> 'totally broken' in nonsensical, and only serves to scare users away.
>> Ok, I can admit it was a bit of misguided communication. The basic
>> thrust of the message (to users) was that "stick with the previous
>> version until we release a fixed version a couple of days from now",
>> and hope that nobody got the wrong idea about the general situation of
>> the codebase.
>
> No problem, we all make mistakes.  Let's now focus on ensuring that we
> get a  solid release for our win32 users.   With the untimely death of
> my desktop (where I could run win32 under vmware), that particular
> ball is on your and our willing users court, I'm afraid.
>
> If nobody reports any major issues, let's shoot for putting the
> release out this weekend, does that sound reasonable?  Being so small,
> I can do it in a few minutes, since there's no major changelog to
> worry about.

I think pyreadline is good to go, I just made some changes to release.py
to update the project description text. I also did some quick tests
using eggsetup and it seems to work.

/Jörgen