[IPython-dev] Nice segfault from package scanning...

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Apr 25 12:05:14 CDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a good way to kill two birds with one stone.  And the
> removal can just be a comment-out, with a leading comment explaining
> what the good feature is and its cost, so users can easily enable it
> if they want it.

Now, in UserConfig/ipy_user_conf.py we have:

def main():
    # Handy tab-completers for %cd, %run, import etc.
    # Try commenting this out if you have completion problems/slowness
    import ipy_stock_completers

The good news is that everyone can disable it without sudo'ing or
finding weird files. The bad news is that everyone that has started
ipython before the fix is in will have to run %upgrade.

I will file a bug report & fix suggestion in Feisty launchpad.