[IPython-dev] ipython1 saw exception transport and raising

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Aug 11 13:55:00 CDT 2007

Hi Doug,

On 8/10/07, Doug Jones <dfj225@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't see any messages in response to this, so I'm curious, has
> this been fixed in svn yet?

I'm afraid no, and I'm embarrassed to say so.  All my recent time for
ipython went into two large pieces of infrastructure that were
long-needed and that required a solid, concentrated effort (the
TConfig system and the SnakeOil testing tools, both now in the
sandbox).

That was roughly 6000 LOC I had to write in just the last 3 weeks, and
 it required a lot of concentrated effort.

Those are now both finished, and I  hope that this week while at the
Scipy conference, Brian and I will be able to pound a bit on these
remaining problems.

My apology: I know the exception propagation bug is *critical* and I'd
promised to fix it long ago.  But there's only so much code I can
write...