[IPython-dev] confirm_exit issue with scipy profile...

Hans Meine hans_meine@gmx....
Tue Aug 21 01:32:46 CDT 2007

BTW: My (stock) ip_profile_sh already says:

On Montag 20 August 2007, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> ipythonrc-PROFILE files still will not be installed to ~/_ipython,
> this feature is retained for backwards compatibility on/y (i.e. for
> people w/ existing profile files they do not want to convert over to
> the new system).
FWIW, I mostly prefer the old ipythonrc files -- I am only using import_mod
and import_all (and import_some) anyways.

import_mod is easy to replace with a real import without getting much longer,
but import_all is a very convenient shortcut.

And -- please point out if I missed something -- although I would occasionally
like to run arbitrary python code *in the user namespace*, the new config
files need me to wrap it in string quotes for ip.ex(), no?
(Losing syntax highlighting, automatic indentation etc. in my editor..)

--
Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.