[IPython-dev] problems with -qt4

nom de guerre ndg.disc@gmail....
Fri Aug 24 03:17:41 CDT 2007

i have similar problem as Darren:

after updating to Qt-4.3 and PyQt-4.3. When I run "ipython -q4thread", I
get a stream of error messages:

QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
QApplication::exec: Must be called from the main thread
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
QApplication::exec: Must be called from the main thread
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
QApplication::exec: Must be called from the main thread

i tried to do sth. with this but it seems i lost the afternoon..

anyhow the problem comes from:
shell.py

class IPShellQt4(IPThread):
  mainloop(..):
    while True:
    QtGui.qApp.exec_() # this gives the messages

i tried hard, but
i was unable to understand the good order of creating the qt thread
application. in my opinion the one used in ipython is ok. (while comparing
with
tutorials). but i bet sth. was changed and undocumented.. so i see two
possible solutions: someone will try to suspend displaying of this
message ;] (i
have no idea if it's
possible) or someone with broader knowlage will go into pyqt or even
qt to check if it is a bug. if it is -- we may ask to correct it -- if
not maybe IPShellQt4 can be changed to walk it around.

thank you all for all help (in
advance) and developers of IPython for really nice shell. please don't
leave the problem as is.. ;]

bests,
szymon.