[IPython-dev] wxIPython0.7 - Linux is a known OS :)
Sun Dec 16 01:03:38 CST 2007
Laurent Dufrechou wrote:
> Hi IPythoners,
> Here the last version of WXIpython.
> - Problems under linux should be resolved now.(wxGtk textctrl doesn't like
> - Added filters on history widget, you can filter ('','!' and '?' commands)
> - wx Pager is now thread safe ,linux is less tolerant than windows ;)
> Instead of being called by IPython thread it is managed by wxThread via a
> more complex state machine. Any better idea welcomed :)
Here is a quick note, not much time to look into it in greater detail.
Here are some test reports for me under Linux (Ubuntu gutsy),
- I cant see what I type. So the WHITE color isn't working.
- If I type just '?' on the shell I get the ipython help on the terminal.
- !ls is nicely shown in the wxIPython shell
- Tab complete shows up nicely.
- something? or something?? works very nicely.
So apart from a few small niggles this does appear to work very nicely.
More information about the IPython-dev