[IPython-dev] Update on IPython recent developments

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:31:04 CST 2007

On 1/24/07, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the update, and for all the hard work you guys have put
> > into the new ipython kernel so far!  I'm especially excited about the
> > new test framework (they all pass here, woohoo!).
>
> Great, we are also very excited about passing tests.

And I just got the last piece of the testing system that I wanted
finished on my local tree.  I'll clean it up and commit tomorrow or
Friday (I need to sleep), but this will make it easier to generate
large, standalone doctest files (in addition to doctests inside
modules of code).

After years of embarrassment with ipython's testing disaster, we're
finally going to have something nice and robust. 'bout time...

Brian, thanks a lot for dealing with the other questions and posting
this updated info.  We'll add more to the wiki later...