[IPython-dev] ipython1 saw exception transport and raising

Doug Jones dfj225@gmail....
Mon Jul 16 17:58:07 CDT 2007

For a test, would something like this be sufficient:

raise Exception("Something extra")

in a normal ipython shell I get this:

In [16]: raise Exception("Something extra")
exceptions.Exception                                 Traceback (most
recent call last)

/home/djones/new_svn/basin_remote/trunk/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/<ipython
console>

Exception: Something extra

Using rc.executeAll(), I get:

In [17]: rc.executeAll('raise Exception("Some extra info.")')
2007/07/16 18:57 -0400 [-] Performing execute on all
exceptions.Exception                                 Traceback (most
recent call last)

/home/djones/new_svn/basin_remote/trunk/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/<ipython
console>

<cut traceback>

Exception:
An exception occurred in the IPython Interpreter due to a user action.
This usually means that user code has a problem in it somewhere.

engine: 0
method: execute(lines)
lines = raise Exception("Some extra info.")

A full traceback from the actual interpreter:
exceptions.Exception                                 Traceback (most
recent call last)

Exception:

Note the missing "Some extra info".

~doug