[IPython-dev] Testing help needed with IPython1

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jun 22 16:49:32 CDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>
> > And if anyone on the list happens to be an expert on the internals of
> > how Python's AST code is supposed to work (this stuff is more or less
> > undocumented, except for the AST construction code itself), please let
> > us know.  It might come handy to know we have an expert on this topic
> > 'on call', since the debugging for this stuff has been, ahem, 'fun'.
>
> Aren't you so glad I dropped that piece of code on you?  :-)

Actually, we are :)  While that stuff is a bit painful to debug
sometimes, it is ultimately the right way to tackle the problem (FAR
better than that messy stateful approach that code.py uses).

So yes, thanks for the pain, it's good for us ;)