[IPython-dev] Recent iplib line_split changes

Dan Milstein danmil@comcast....
Fri Mar 2 07:56:13 CST 2007

I may have a chance to take a crack at this between in the next few
days.  I think I understand the prefilter code pretty well at this
point (or, at least, as well as can be hoped ;-).

Alex: you may already know this (I'm coming late to this discussion),
but in case not -- if you turn off autocall  (%autocall 0), then it
doesn't do the bad attribute lookup.  Continuing your example:

In [9]: %autocall 0
Automatic calling is: OFF

In [10]: f.bar()
getattr:  bar
Out[10]: 'nada'

In [11]: f.this('is bad')
getattr:  this
Out[11]: 'nada'

It *should* do the right thing, even with autocalling on (since the
parens after bar make it clear that autocalling isn't going to get
triggered), but I just wanted to pass that on as a temp workaround.

-Dan