[IPython-dev] Refactoring prefilter and ipython1

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Mar 7 05:52:36 CST 2007

On 3/6/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I've been a bit quiet for the past few days, a combination of
> super-busy and a cold hasn't helped.

I have the same situation - busy, nasty long flu, travelling around,
moving around...

> It would be great if the trunk guys could help us flush everything
> they can on that front; I'll be doing my part as well with any patches
> I can take care of myself.

I'll try to get up to speed asap.

> For this to happen, I'd encourage everyone who has something pending
> that might fall through the cracks to make a ticket for it, and assign
> it to this milestone.  It's the only way for us to ensure we won't
> forget.

I agree. It's not obvious what should go in at this point, and how
well it's been tested.

> To address Dan's questions about prefilter more specifically: my
> biggest worry is not to stall a potential contributor.  It's a bit

I don't really see much need to reorganize the prefilter system. It's
terminal-independent, only deals with strings etc.