[IPython-dev] bug in ipy_default.py

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Wed Mar 7 13:26:17 CST 2007

Fernando Perez skrev:
> On 3/6/07, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson@bostream.nu> wrote:
>> Fernando Perez skrev:
>
>> > Feel free to commit, the patch looks clean to me and is OK under *nix.
>> >
>> > Cheers,

>> done
>
> Thanks.  When you get a chance, let us know what you think of the
> release plan, esp. regarding any patches you may either have pending,
> in your head, or that you could write for reported problems (some of
> which are only on-list and have no tickets yet).
>

> Cheers,

I forgot to reply on list last time.

I think the release plan sounds fine. I would also like to make a
release of a new pyreadline at the same time. I have a lot of new
features in the refactor branch that I would like to merge to trunk. But
there are so many changes to the layout of the code I don't think a
merge will be possible without a *lot* of conflicts. So I'm thinking I
should just delete current trunk and copy the refactor branch to trunk.
Have you thought about how you will do when it's time to switch over to
the new ipython? If there are no protests I will probably create a
maintanence branch for 1.3 and do this delete/copy for 1.4 in the next
couple of days.

I have been experiencing some inconsistencies with tabcompletion of
filenames recently. I think the new tab-completion hooks work a bit
different from the normal tab-completion when it comes to escaping
spaces in filenames. There is also a bug when completing on filenames
for %run, when the first character is " then you get an exception. I
could look into this, unless someone else is already looking into it.

/Jörgen