[IPython-dev] Preparing for the 0.7.4 release

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Mar 22 18:28:56 CDT 2007

Hi all,

we're getting to be in reasonable shape for a release of 0.7.4.

This page has a summary of the progress:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/milestone/0.7.4

and here's the real meat, the open tickets:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=0.7.4

I think I can deal with the bulk of these, though obviously help is
always welcome.

But there's one in particular that I'm a bit stumped on, the unicode bug:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/129

If anyone knows what to do here, I'd be very grateful for help
(patches, ideas, a reference on what to do, whatever).

Also, both for developers and for users: if you see anything that I
may have missed, this is the time to yell.  Either bring it up on the
mailing list or better yet, file a ticketed targeted to 0.7.4 on the
issue.

If all goes well, we should be able to meet the April 1 deadline at
least for a release candidate, maybe with an actual release a week
later.