[IPython-dev] ipython1 'saw' status

Doug Jones dfj225@gmail....
Mon Mar 26 09:05:51 CDT 2007

Hello All,

I'm curious about the current status of the IPython1 'saw' branch. I
know that it was somewhat recently announced that development was
moving from the chainsaw to the saw branch and that users should begin
to move as well.

I've been trying to follow the list as well as the development of the
code, and it seems that much progress has been made, but the branch is
not yet stable. Is this an accurate assessment? What is the expected
time-line for this branch?

I'm asking because I'd like to move a project that I'm working on to
use the new branch, but I don't want to do that until the code is
stable enough that I won't need to keep adding major updates to our
local install.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.
~Doug