[IPython-dev] Patch to fix string exceptions raised by DPyGetOpt.py

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Nov 25 00:04:13 CST 2007

Hi Paul,

On May 8, 2007 5:27 PM, Paul Mueller <gakusei@dakotacom.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are some string exceptions in IPython/DPyGetOpt.py (in r2314), some of
> which are raised when passing bad options to ipython on the command line. Since
> string exceptions are deprecated in python 2.5, this raises a
> DeprecationWarning (usage message redirected to /dev/null for clarity):

[...]

Many thanks for your patch, and a huge apology that this seemed to
fall through the cracks for such a long time.  But it was still
nagging me from the bottom of my inbox, so I finally got to it :)

I just applied it and it will go into 0.8.2, to be released very soon.

Best regards,