[IPython-dev] [Pythonmac-SIG] readline support for OS X Leopard

Hans Meine hans_meine@gmx....
Wed Oct 31 04:27:13 CDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007 01:25:47 schrieb Boyd Waters:
> On Oct 30, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> > I meant that trying that with a readline module
> > compiled against GNU readline interferes with typing "b". So,
> > unfortunately, you
> > can't just issue both commands hoping that the library will just
> > ignore the
> > wrong one.
>
> I'm not sure I understand yet.
>
> I believe I have worked out the conditional logic to determine when
> we're linked against the libedit library versus GNU readline.
>
> But from inside the python on Leopard - that uses libedit for its
> readline module - I can get tab-completion to WORK when I'm running
> python by using the EditLine syntax that Edward Moy suggested.
>
> BUT from inside *ipython* I get a segmentation fault.

Again - are you sure that both use the same python version?  The friend I
mentioned with three installed python versions got different python versions
when he typed "python" vs. "ipython"... ;-/

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS