[IPython-dev] [Ipython-svndiff] 2717 - improve callable alias inspection

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Thu Sep 6 06:00:51 CDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Yes, and it's a pain :->. It's preventing the completion to work on quite
> > a few objects.
>
> Feel free to fix it, since it's a bug.  That's what commit rights are for :)

"Errors should never pass silently, unless expicitly silenced"

That is, the exceptions in completer should show show the invocation
to silence them for good. That way, users that are bothered by them
can supress them, but we would still get bug reports for surprising
exceptions.

I'm thinking of something like "Enter _ip.db['no_completer_exc'] = 1
to never see these again".