[IPython-dev] parameter sys_exit=1 in IPShellQt

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Sep 10 01:25:41 CDT 2007

On 9/9/07, killian koepsell <koepsell@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just discovered the nice hint in the ipython script to put the
> following two i lines into the
> PYTHONSTARTUP file:
>   import IPython
>   IPython.Shell.IPShell().mainloop(sys_exit=1)
>
> it works great! however, i noticed that if i use IPShellQt instead,
> the ipython shell does not exit the python shell.

I agree with Hans that you probably just should use 'real ipython'
when you need it.  Perhaps you can clarify for us what you're trying
to accomplish, so we can better try to help?

cheers,