[IPython-dev] Suggestion for tab completion exc handling

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Sep 11 09:27:43 CDT 2007

On 9/10/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mmh, I'm kind of tired now so I only had a quick look.  But it did
> seem to add two more naked excepts, of the kind we're worrying about.
> Why is that?

It removed the outer one, and added a few inner naked expects to make
it more fine grained.

With completers, the exceptions need to be naked, I've understood
(that's why there is the big naked except in the first place).

> Also, any reason you don't want to rather implement something like the
> 'silenceable' exceptions I mentioned in the other thread?  We'd get a

Timing, for 0.8.2. I'm not sure yet what the best way would be (though
I have a pretty good idea), and I'd rather add it in post-0.8.2 svn.