[IPython-dev] Creating a Mathemtica notebook like GTK Interface for sympy

Philipp Strack philipp.strack@gmail....
Thu Apr 3 12:47:48 CDT 2008

Hello Laurent,

thank you for your fast response.

> If you want to base your code on ipython1 check ipython1-cocoa branch from
barry wark.bzr branch
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython/ipython/ipython1-cocoaIf you want to base
your code on ipython0 check stable bzr branch /gui/wx that is an updated wx
version based on the gtk example of
http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Cookbook/EmbeddingInGTK.bzr branch
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython/ipython/stable-devBased on which branch
you'll choose to work on I think one of us will be willing to help you ;)Laurent

I am probably going to be better of with the
ipython0 branch, especially because I want to use gtk/wx. Do you know whether
there is anywork done inside ipython to visualize python objects inside the
Textview (of e.g. the gtk example)? Does something like this make sense (as it
probably breakes compatibility between the terminals)? Would such a feature have
a place inside ipython?

Thank you very much for your help

Philipp

PS: some discussion around the proposal took place at

http://groups.google.com/group/sympy/browse_thread/thread/f4a28675d34e0ee6