[IPython-dev] Embedding IPython in wx

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou@gmail....
Thu Apr 24 01:52:58 CDT 2008

Hi igor,

Depends on wich ipython you want a GUI:

-------------------------------------

If you’re looking after ipython0 check latest bzr stable branch in gui/wx, there is a demo app wxIpython, that is based on ipython_view.py

(install bazarr + “bzr branch lp:ipython/stable”)

If you’re looking with a dev env with ipython0 console, editra : http://editra.org/ has now a plugin with ipython0 shell.(in beta currently)

http://code.google.com/p/editra-plugins/wiki/IPythonShellPlugin

There is some functionality missing:

-History reload on startup

-and check all %magic keys

-some doc J

But start to be quite usable.(any bug report welcomes)

If you want to help you’re welcome.

If it is Ipython1, then there is a lot of work for you too J. Barry is working on a cocoa backend, (can help to copy some parts) and there is a starting demo on wx too. Wx one need refresh.

Laurent