[IPython-dev] foolscap

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Sat Aug 9 10:57:20 CDT 2008

I was just playing around with ipython1, and noticed that the foolscap
dependency is not listed at
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/html/install.html.  I didn't
catch this til runtime when I got a traceback about the foolscap
ImportError -- I'm attaching a check_for_foolscap patch against the
bzr trunk which will catch this at build time

Brian, I am finally returning to the project you helped me with many
moons ago when you wrote the event_client and event_server examples
for me using the perspective broker framework.  I see on the foolscap
page that it is intended as a replacement for the pb, and I wanted to
know if I should be using it instead.  I see from a previous post that
you will be busy moving this weekend but let me know when your
schedule frees up because I might try and bend your ear a bit for some
more advice on this project...

Thanks,
JDH