[IPython-dev] Test failures

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Aug 11 21:42:48 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> OK, the problem is that, in some of my test, I use code that calls
> ipmaker.make_IPython(). As a result, the output gets trap, and apparently
> I do not free it well-enough. Any clue to how to free this output?

Do you actually need to use make_ipython?  Would it work for you
instead to get the ipython isntance via ipapi.get()?  Because
explicitly calling make_ip forces the creation of a new, full ipython
instance, and there's enough global noise in there that things are
likely to break.  Yes, we need to work on making it safer to have an
arbitrary number of ipython instances running, but this is historical
cruft from when ipython was only 'the interpreter', so it was coded
with all kinds of global side effects.