[IPython-dev] 0.9 beta, anything left?

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou@gmail....
Fri Aug 15 15:02:01 CDT 2008

Hi Gael

> You have to keep in mind that it will be installed in a location where
> the user might not be able to write. You do have a file in the user
> home
> directory, right?
>
> You need to add this file to the package data, in the setup.py, for it
> be installed. In ipython this is in setupbase.py, function
> find_package_data.

You mean installed in user directory or Ipython/gui/wx?
For the moment as I've got little time to work on it, I prefer to let it as
is in wx directory, it just permits wxIpython to run and user (under linux)
will not be able to save it's settings.
Will try to find a workaround for the user directory as you said. Do you
have an idea how user directory is defined under windows?
Under linux it's ~/ but under windows I do not have any idea yet how to find
it ... :)

Laurent