[IPython-dev] Bug in ultraTB, in current trunk.

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Aug 17 17:40:54 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> Line 495 of ULtraTB.py, there is a bug that is probably due to the merge
> of the synchronize-editor branch on rev 1001.2.1. The filename variable
> is not defined anywhere.

Actually it was defined above in the same file, but only
conditionally, so there was still a bug.  I've fixed it and pushed an
updated beta out.  Thanks for reporting this.

My goal for the sprints next week is to finish the testing machinery
so that everyone can run the tests (without special installation or
needing twisted/foolscap/anything beyond nose).  Once we're there, I'd
like to institute a policy of not accepting any code, from *anyone*
(that means all of us, starting with me) that is missing tests.  Since
we have so much code already in place, this will mean that if you
touch an existing function that's not already well tested (very
likely), the burden will be on you (that's the royal you, starting
obviously with myself) to first add tests for the function as it is
now, to ensure that your new changes don't break it.

It's the only way we'll be able to refactor what we need without
endless breakage.  Harsh, but IMO necessary.

Thoughts, dissent?