[IPython-dev] Help with win32 installer...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Aug 23 20:16:01 CDT 2008

Howdy,

we haven't received  any feedback on the 0.9beta3, and it's looking
like we probably had some breakage in the big reorganization of the
setup.py file after the ipython0/1 big merge.  Right now I don't have
a win32 machine at all, and while Brian and Min do, none of us knows
windows much at all.

Is there any chance that someone could have a crack at seeing if the
win32 installer can be made to work correctly? By correctly I mean
like the 0.8.x series, which left ipython links in the Start menu in a
submenu labelled "IPython", with a few profile shortcuts premade and
links to html/pdf versions of the docs.

We've really made great progress, so it would be really good to see a
solid 0.9 release made...

Any help will be very, very welcome.