[IPython-dev] shell command for ipython1 frontend

Sat Aug 30 18:24:36 CDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 11:47:10PM +0200, Laurent Dufrechou wrote:
>    Seems to work better here under vista.(works on linux et osx) This is the
>    code I use in my frontend.

Hum, how do you deal with IO with the child process? Can you do:

!cat

and have a behavior more or less consistent with the behavior you would
have in a normal terminal? What happens if you do (under linux, as I
don't know the syntax for rm under windows):

In [1]: !touch foobar

In [2]: !rm -i foobar
rm: remove regular empty file `foobar'? y

In [3]:

This is one the difficulties I have addressed in my frontend, and it is
not trivial.

Gaël