[IPython-dev] Generic design for an IPython servers that talks to editors (TextMate, vi, emacs)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Dec 10 00:13:07 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 3:29 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Also, as something of an aside, will it be possible to add executed
>> lines/files to IPython's history?
>
> Can you ask this as a separate question on IPython-dev to Ville sees this?

I can see this here. Unfortunately, I'm swamped.

>> I've got a feeling this would involve modifying ipapi.runlines but
>> I've no idea where to start.

I suggest we create a whole new ipapi commands:

ipapi.translate_block (pushes every line of block through prefilters
and returns the new block)

ipapi.runblock (pushes the whole block as single history entry)

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio