[IPython-dev] Generic design for an IPython servers that talks to editors (TextMate, vi, emacs)

Matt Foster matt.p.foster@gmail....
Sat Dec 13 10:46:03 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This sounds really good. Do you think a twisted-based client library
>> would be a good idea too?
>
> Not sure?  Are you writing the client in Python too?  What event loop
> is present?

I was planning on using python, yes. I've never used twisted before,
so currently I have a hacked version of the echoclient [1] example,
which uses a reactor. I've no idea if this is the best loop, but I
have it working with your textmate server.

> Ville would know how to do this.  Unfortunately I probably won't get
> back to this until the week after next.

Excellent. I'm going to be (mostly) out of email contact until the
second week in Jan, too.

Cheers,

Matt

[1]: http://github.com/mattfoster/ipython-tmbundle/tree/master/Support/lib/twisted_editor_client.py