[IPython-dev] Launchpad?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Fri Feb 8 13:00:26 CST 2008

Disclaimer:  I have little experience with distributed version control
and thus am not qualified to comment on the relative strengths and
weaknesses of bsr and hg.

WIth that said, Launchpad is extremely impressive.  Not only is it
ready today, it would free all of us up from having to play part time
sys-admin with trac/hg/etc (a role that I am sure Fernando would be
glad to give up).  Even if we did have hg+trac fully setup today, the
feature set, usability, maintainability of launchpad+bzr is still far
better.

As we move to a distributed model, it would still be useful to have a
place for everyone to publish their branches - launchpad makes that
easy.  It would be a huge pain if everyone had to setup their own web
server to share their hg repos with everyone else.

Summary - hg would have to be _way_ better than bzr for us not to
consider using launchpad+bzr.

Brian