[IPython-dev] Launchpad?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Sat Feb 9 19:02:20 CST 2008

> Interesting, I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that
> reactor.callFromThread() was blocking... actually, I think I've passed
> return values through it... hmmm... need to go back and check on that.

We are using blockCallFromThread, which is very different from
callFromThread.  But, blockingCallFromThread does block.  It basically
lets you call a twisted using/deferred returning function and block
for the result.  This allows you to run twisted in a thread, but
create blocking interfaces to twisted using things that are in turn
usable from ipython.