[IPython-dev] IPython, xemacs, win32 - raw_input does not work at all

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 13 10:37:50 CST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 4:55 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> I figured I should start experimenting with win32 + IPython + xemacs
> integration a little bit, but bumped into problems immediately.
>
> - I had to create "ipython.bat" to launch ipython.py, trying to launch
> the .py directly caused "Exec format error".
>
> - When IPython starts up, it tries to exit immediately because raw_input causes:
>
> EOFError: EOF when reading a line
>
> This is not a fault of readline or IPython, because any odd script
> that tries to use raw_input causes EOFError. Anyone have any clue on
> how to go from here?

Do you mean this error occurs when any little  python script of the type

x = raw_input('enter something')

EOFs if run inside xemacs/win32?  Just trying to understand here...

Though I'm afraid I'll have precious little to offer on this front.
It's a bummer to see how much variation there is in behavior in the
Emacses across platforms: while things seem to more or less 'just
work' under linux, they've proven surprisingly tricky both under OSX
and win32...