[IPython-dev] IPython development news and prospects

Tue Jan 15 12:33:33 CST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 07:28:17PM +0100, Jörgen Stenarson wrote:
> I think having C code in the project will be a major drawback in
> getting
> new developers on windows. Getting a compiler working can be a lot of
> work. But the positive aspects of using something trait-like seems it
> could definitely be worth it.

I agree. I think we (by we I mean he was does the work, probably not me)
should make it easy to use a standard Traits instal, if available. That
way someone with no compiler can simply download the binary Traits egg.

Cheers,

Gaël