[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] IPython development news and prospects

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic...
Tue Jan 15 15:12:00 CST 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> first, thanks everyone for the feedback.  I think the enthusiastic
> response is a sign that getting this ball rolling was indeed the right
> thing to do.  A few things then:
>
> - DVCS (HG). There seems to be broad agreement here, so I'll start
> looking into how to actually make it happen.  I'll report back once I
> have news of what the final setup will be.

+1

Since we've switched from CVS to hg at work many problems are simply gone.

BTW, how will this work? Will we be able to push to the master
repository, or is someone going to pull from our published repos?

> - GUI front ends: we have interest on OSX, Qt4, WX (both the existing
> prototype and Laurent's new work).  This is excellent.  A really cool
> project once this is in will be a GTK vesion that runs on the OLPC, so
> that the real ipython can be the shell of the Pippy programming
> activity on the XO.

I've haven't looked at the new wx shell, but combining it with igrid
might give interesting results.

> [...]

Servus,
    Walter