[IPython-dev] IPython development news and prospects

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jan 17 12:14:09 CST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 2:07 AM, Andrew Straw <strawman@astraw.com> wrote:
> IIRC, way back in the day (2003?) traits (1.x?) was pure-Python. I think
> there's a good chance you could grab it and run it as is, simply
> updating the API.

Yup, here it is:

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/trunk/traits/traits.py?rev=4015

I'd thought about looking at this, but hadn't spent the time tracking
down the revision history.

I'll play a bit more with this as I find some time and will get in
touch with Enthought-dev to get their feedback (in particular David's)
regarding the best approach, esp. concerning the ability to have
jython/ironpython support.