[IPython-dev] wxIPython, where as gone _IP.system() ?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sat Jan 19 05:05:19 CST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 12:55 AM, Laurent Dufrechou <laurent.dufrechou@gmail.com> wrote:

> #FIXME: any better solution welcome
>
>  IPython.genutils.shell_ori = self._shell                #needed by windows
>
> self._IP.system = self._shell                                     #needed
> for linux

Better solution is indeed welcome :-P

I will create a system command hook and you can use that. That's what
hooks are for & I've been planning a 'subprocess' (module) based
'system' command a while now (to provide better process handling on
newer python versions).

Hold on, it will be ready today.