[IPython-dev] Tentative release plans...

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 2 17:25:59 CDT 2008

I am all for this.  There are a few other things that must be done for
this release:

1.  The docs need to be updated to reflect the merge.  The most
important things are the install docs and some of the parallel
computing stuff.

2.  Some bugs with setup.py and friends.  The data files are broken
right now and last night I found some bugs with .txt files in the
testing dirs not being included in the package_data

3.  Dependencies.  We now have lots of code that has optional
dependencies (like Twisted, zope.interface, pyobjc, etc.).  We need to
really make sure these are truly optional and don't cause problems for
users who don't have these things installed.

Sounds like I should file some tickets :)