[IPython-dev] Tentative release plans...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 2 17:28:40 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am all for this.  There are a few other things that must be done for
> this release:
>
> 1.  The docs need to be updated to reflect the merge.  The most
> important things are the install docs and some of the parallel
> computing stuff.
>
> 2.  Some bugs with setup.py and friends.  The data files are broken
> right now and last night I found some bugs with .txt files in the
> testing dirs not being included in the package_data
>
> 3.  Dependencies.  We now have lots of code that has optional
> dependencies (like Twisted, zope.interface, pyobjc, etc.).  We need to
> really make sure these are truly optional and don't cause problems for
> users who don't have these things installed.
>
> Sounds like I should file some tickets :)

I'm up to my neck in the testing stuff (but I just a *second* ago got
a key piece to work, so happy here :), so if anyone else can help with
some of this, that would be great.  If not, I guess Brian and I know
what we'll be doing Sunday evening :)