[IPython-dev] ipython-0.9.0.bzr.r1016-py2.5.win32-setup.exe?? [was: Re: Win32 IPython1?]

Alex Brown Alexander_Brown@uml....
Fri Jul 4 17:13:55 CDT 2008

Following your recommendations I'm working with your (merged) trunk in
WinXP.  However I am having continuing difficulty getting
ipython-0.9.0.bzr.r1016-py2.5 to work with either Python 2.4 or 2.5
(both Enthought distributions).  It may be that I'm not familiar enough
with the setup and installer tools, or with Windows touchup tricks.  Is
there any chance of getting an exe installer, perhaps
ipython-0.9.0.bzr.r1016-py2.5.win32-setup.exe?

Alex Brown <Alexander_Brown@uml.edu>
http://gis.uml.edu/abrown2

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/IpythonOnWindows
> Running IPython on Win32
>
> IPython works well with Windows, even as a replacement for that clunky
> old cmd.exe command prompt. There are some considerations, though. ...
>
> ... Sometimes when installing a new version of IPython, you need to
> remove old IPython files to get a clean slate.
>
> To delete all traces of old IPython installation(s), delete the
> following files (adjust for your python installation):
>
>     * c:\Python25\Scripts\ipython*
>     * C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\ipython* (also the directories).
>
> Delete start menu shortcuts:
>
>    *
>
>       Start menu -> All programs -> right click on IPython, choose
>       delete.
>
> Install new IPython, launch it, run %upgrade.
Unfortunately this does not catch the version numbers in the
"ipcontroller", "ipengine", and "ipcluster" scripts.  Are there other
scripts which have embedded version numbers?

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/