[IPython-dev] furls

Darren Dale dsdale24@gmail....
Wed Jul 9 08:26:08 CDT 2008

I am getting into ipython's parallel execution this morning, but I've run into
a problem with missing furl files. The docs say:

> As a user, you don’t need to know anything about the details of these
> FURLs, other than that when the controller starts, it saves a set of FURLs
> to files named something.furl. The default location of these files is your
> ~./ipython directory.

but when I run examples/kernel/helloworld.py, I get:

ValueError: not a furl or a file containing a
furl: /home/darren/.ipython/ipcontroller-tc.furl

Probably it is something simple that broke during the transition from the
ipython1 branch, and devs who already have furl files wouldnt have run into
it.

Darren