[IPython-dev] IPython issues in Sage

Mike Hansen mhansen@gmail....
Tue Jul 15 03:26:10 CDT 2008

> Yeah, but perhaps it didn't look for it in the right place? It
> certainly is in the IPython user namespace. However, it's not in
> __builtin__ namespace anymore (it caused various problems when used
> from there, can't remember the exact bugs that were fixed by that).
> You need to acquire the _ip object by using IPython.ipapi.get() if you
> are not operating within ipython user namespace.

In my original message, I mentioned that I tried that and it
eliminated the NameError, but then I get the issue where the main loop
is never run.  Which is similar to what is happening here:
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/1264 .  I wasn't able to
figure out what Fernando did the last time to get rid of the problem.

--Mike